Natural Homemade Lotion Recipe!
2T / 1oz beeswax pellets
1/4 C / 2oz organic coconut oil
1/4 C / 2oz organic jojoba oil
1/4 C / 2 oz organic almond oil
3/4 C / 3 oz organic aloe vera- optional
3/4 C / 3 oz distilled water
1 t. lecithin
20-40 drops of essential oils based on personal preference such as lavender, jasmine, rose, gardenia, tea tree, eucalyptus, orange, cinnamon, peppermint, etc ) - optional
1. Heat beeswax pellets, coconut, jojoba, and almond oil in a heat-safe glass bowl.
2. Place the glass bowl on top of a saucepan half-filled with distilled water over medium heat. Stir gently until the beeswax has melted and all oils blended together.
3. In a separate saucepan, combine and heat the aloe and water to a warm temperature.
4. Stir in the lecithin into the warm oil mixture. Let this cool to room temperature, or until the mixture is cloudy and creamy. Do not let this mixture solidify.
5. Using a whisk, gently whip the aloe or water mixture until smooth and well combined.
6. Add the blended oil-based mixture to the whipped mixture, blend gently.
7. Add the optional essential oils to the whipped mixture if desired, combine gently.
8. Pour the homemade lotion into a glass jar and refrigerate away from light and heat. The lotion will keep for about 4 weeks under refrigeration.
If you wish to add vitamin E oil to the lotion, do not combine it with other oils in steps 1 and 2. Only add vitamin E oil to cooled mixtures in step 5.
Other ingredients to consider adding to the above are cocoa butter, refined mango butter.
You can also use a table-top blender to mix the above. However, be sure hot oils have cooled completely but still in a liquid form before mixing all ingredients together.
Create a relaxing lavender and CBD lotion blend!
Dr. Frances Mark, Pharm.D.
Functional and Regenerative Medicine Nutraceutical Expert Practitioner Specializing in Drug-Free Options for over 2 decades.
***Our offices are conveniently located in the Bay Area, easily accessible from the Silicon Valley, South Bay/Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Burlingame, Carmel Valley, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Wine Country/Napa, Santa Rosa, Marin County. Our office in the Central Valley is located in Turlock and services the entire Central Valley region, including the UC Merced area, Modesto, Tracy, Oakdale, Fresno. We have patients that travel as far as the Los Angeles area, San Diego, Montecito, and from the Tahoe, Incline Villiage and Reno, Nevada areas, and even as far as from New York. A new location is opening in the Chicago area easily accessible from the University of Chicago and Northwestern University, as well as Downtown Chicago/ Magnificent Mile area. Now with telemedicine/telehealth services, our services are essentially available in all 50 states wherever you have internet or phone service, even when you're traveling and on the go.